Thursday, October 3, 2024

RAINBOW AFTER RAIN

 With a bright ray of light,

I slowly opened my eyes.

The curtains left open in the night,

Let the sunlight pierce into the room.


Helping myself to sit up,

I gazed towards the light.

An early morning in hot summers,

Made the room warm unlike the previous night.


While getting down from the bed,

My feet began to ache.

They were feeble yet swollen,

Due to my increased body weight.


Trying to look down,

I could feel my baby bump.

It wasn't just the aches always,

It was my bundle of joy wrapped in a hump.


It suddenly struck my mind,

That it wasn't so joyous the last time.

My Angel Baby looks at me from above,

And my Rainbow Baby is yet to come.


My arms may still look empty,

But I am a mother of two.

They may still call me barren,

But my motherhood shines like morning dew.


-Somya Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment