Tuesday, July 20, 2021

AN ANGEL WAS BORN

 It's not been much time,
Since I felt you move.
when I sing songs to you,
You merrily dance and groove.

I am left in isolation,
Due to the pandemic scare.
I want to move out,
But, I wouldn't dare.

I feel lonely and afraid,
And I share these with you.
You used to understand,
Even if you had no clue.

There's one more month to go,
And I dream of holding you.
But, why aren't you responding now?
Isn't my excitement true?

It is my birthday and,
I'm going to the hospital.
I can't stop weeping,
As this day is pivotal.

They cut me through and took you out.
I could barely see blurred spots of red.
I could only hear the doctors say,
That the baby girl is dead.

My eyes were teary,
But I couldn't cry aloud.
You were my first baby,
And now you're an angel on some cloud.

I am bereaved,
And this grief may never leave me.
I always dreamt of looking after you,
But, now, from above, you look after me.
                                                                    -Somya Mishra


4 comments:

  1. Oh God... This poem is very much emotional.. I couldn't help my tears to come out... Yes Somya.. She is watching you and she wants you to be the strongest woman in the entire world... Do not let her dream fail.. Lots of love from the little angel 😇❤💋💞💖💕😘😍❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know no words of mine can replenish ur grief..be strong as u r..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong darling! Always there for you. 🤗

    ReplyDelete